What side hustles do you do currently to make extra income? Please share.
I have been looking into a few other side hustles to make extra income. Despite making a 6 figure income and having no family to support, I feel like I should be using my idle time more wisely.
Here are 5 side hustles I am taking more seriously for extra income
- Buy and resell – currently my hobby passion is buying and reselling sports cards. I have expanded to thrifting, which is going to Goodwill stores to buy clothes and then reselling on ebay and other selling platforms. I found it fun to do. Just last week I sold a Men’s Burberry polo shirt that I picked up for less than $5 and sold for $35. Not a bad return.
- Starting this personal finance blog and building an email list – yes these ads suck and the ads are ugly. I started this personal finance blog only a couple months ago so I make no money. I have no expectations on retiring from blogging and becoming financially dependent on the success of this blog. As long as the ads can support my hosting, I am happy. If this blog helps at least one person to serve as encouragement, I am extremely happy. If you are thinking about starting a blog, you will need to come up with a domain name and you will also need hosting. Also, as a full time digital marketer, I understand the importance of building an email list to keep your readers engaged. I am exploring both AWeber and GetResponse for email list building options.
- Mystery shopping – this just seems interesting to me. I signed up for BestMark because they seemed to be the most legit. I intend to try my first mystery shopping experience by the end of this month (July 2018). Currently there is an offer to eat at a restaurant and being reimbursed as well as a mystery video shopping opportunity. Bit nervous just thinking about getting caught for being too much of an obvious mystery shopper.
- Swagbucks – you fill out surveys, watch videos, search through Swagbucks, or shop through Swagbucks and then you earn, you guessed it, Swagbucks, which can be redeemed for gift cards such as Amazon and even PayPal. This takes commitment, but so easy to earn.
- Rebates – I signed up for Ebates, which is owned by Rakuten. Let’s say you need to shop on Amazon. Rather than go directly to Amazon.com. Go to Ebates, search for Amazon, and then click on the link through Ebates, which then redirects to Amazon.com. By simply taking that extra step, you will get rebates for shopping through the link and you get money back. So easy to do. Sign up for Ebates using my link, spend $25, and you will get $10 automatically.