Hey there, thanks for visiting my personal finance blog. I created this website to hold myself accountable, help others, and basically share personal experiences on my journey to financial independence.
I was a money moron. I continue to be a money moron.
100% of the mistakes or decisions I made was on me. I paid for it in several ways including my credit score dropping significantly, delaying my retirement contributions by a minimum 5 years, and overpaying on loans (high interest rate on car leases).
This is the journey of a money moron.
So who am I?
My name is Josh Sheen. I am in my mid 30’s and graduated from a Big 10 school with a degree in Business Management as an out of state student. That should be a hint to one of my many money moron moments.
I currently have a full time job for which I have a legitimate passion for as VP, Digital Marketing for a fortune 500 financial services company.
What do I expect out of this blog?
- Continue learning from others
- Share knowledge
- Embarrass myself by sharing my financial mistakes
- Encourage others
- Hold myself accountable
What topics should you expect out of this blog?
- Personal finance related posts and my experience
- My side hustles or passion areas including digital marketing, buying and selling especially sports cards, and real estate
- Experiences I go through at work including leadership, coaching, mentoring, and interviewing
You should expect to see affiliate links, ads, and sponsored posts. I do not ever expect this blog to make me enough meaningful money to even think about quitting my full time job. I would never dream of it nor is it a goal, but please do excuse the ads.
All that said I hope you find this blog helpful.